connect(/var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket) failed: Connection refused

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Aug 13 06:49:32 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 16:06 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> On 2014-08-11 at 15:06 +0200, steve wrote:
> > On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 22:58 +1000, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> > >
> > > Have you enabled clustering in samba configuration before doing AD
> > > join?
> > No, we've done nothing special. smbd and winbind are from the default
> > Ubuntu 14.04 repos. Is clustering disabled on those versions?
>
> Yes.
>
> You can verify with "smbd -b | grep -i cluster".
>
> If cluster support is compiled in, this should list "CLUSTER_SUPPORT".
>
> Cheers - Michael

Hi
OK, ubuntu's ctdb is unlikely ever to work as it is and most definitely
not with their smbd.

We reverted to source and built 4.1.11 and 2.5.3 It is working BUT the
non standard directory structure from the ctdb tarball makes for a lot
of guesswork.

Thanks to everyone for pointing us in the right direction. That other
may have a faster start we have published our route:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/samba4-cluster-for-ads-drbd-ocfs2-ctdb.html