connect(/var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket) failed: Connection refused

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Aug 11 06:38:35 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 20:02 +1000, Martin Schwenke wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:40:58 +0200, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
>
> > Why are the ctdb assigned ips not being used?
>
> In Linux, the first IP address in each network that is assigned to a
> network interface is considered the primary IP address for that
> network.  By default, this address is used for outgoing packets on that
> network.
>
> peace & happiness,
> martin

Yes, OK. That's fine. The problem is that the ctdb public addresses are
being allocated but not being used. We join one node to the domain but
then that is the _only_ node which works. If we enable the other node
the netbios name of the cluster (smbcluster) is not recognised and both.
winbind cannot authenticate and so smbd cannot serve any files. On our
openSUSE 13.1 ctdb setup there are several databases created including a
secrets.tdb. With the source on Ubuntu only a single db is produced.

Summary, IP takeover is working fine. The join to the domain is not.

On the working cluster, we notice that the the IP which is sent to the
DC for authentication is indeed one of the ctdb public addreses,
contrary to your reply.