connect(/var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket) failed: Connection refused

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 13:26:09 MDT 2014

On 09/08/14 20:09, steve wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 19:10 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> The story so far:
>>> 1. We have ctdb working on openSUSE 13.1. But we'd like to switch to
>>> Ubuntu.
>>> 2. Ubuntu ctdb has /etc/default/ctdb.
>>> 3. Ubuntu ctdb is broken. Something to do with sockets.
>>> 4. We were told to try source.
>>> 5. make install from a source build creates nothing in /etc/default
>>> nor /etc/sysconfig.
>>> 6. On Ubuntu, the latter is to be expected.
>>> 7. The source install has no init file.
>>> 8 through 137 still to come. Please help us fill them in:)
>>>

>> apt-get download ctdb
>> extract it (do not install it)
>> cherry pick the bits you are missing
>>
>> There you go, Robert is your uncle ;-)
>>
>> Rowland
> OK. We'll have a go but we don't hold out much hope. The default build
> seems to have everything hard wired under /usr/local but surprisingly
> the dbs still go to one of /var/lib/ctdb, /var/ctdb
> or /var/lib/lib/ctdb. All three are written to if they exist.
>
> No one seems to know much about this. There too many words like,
> 'probably', 'seems' and 'maybe' for our liking. I'm sure something will
> click soon. Your fruit harvesting method seems as good a bet as any:)
> Open Source documentation at its very best.

Well a script is a script, so you should be able to work out from the
contents of the deb just what you have missing and use the scripts &
conf files etc, altering them if required.

Rowland