connect(/var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket) failed: Connection refused

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Aug 9 13:09:05 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 19:10 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 09/08/14 18:55, steve wrote:
> >>>

> >> Hang on, there is something funny going on here, on 27/07/14 you had
> >> /etc/default/ctdb, this is what you posted:
> >>
> >> Hi
> >> Yeah, we have that:
> >> /etc/default/ctdb
> >>
> >> So you must  have the other files somewhere, I am confused now ;-)
> >>
> >> Rowland
> >>
> > The story so far:
> > 1. We have ctdb working on openSUSE 13.1. But we'd like to switch to
> > Ubuntu.
> > 2. Ubuntu ctdb has /etc/default/ctdb.
> > 3. Ubuntu ctdb is broken. Something to do with sockets.
> > 4. We were told to try source.
> > 5. make install from a source build creates nothing in /etc/default
> > nor /etc/sysconfig.
> > 6. On Ubuntu, the latter is to be expected.
> > 7. The source install has no init file.
> > 8 through 137 still to come. Please help us fill them in:)
> >

> apt-get download ctdb
> extract it (do not install it)
> cherry pick the bits you are missing
>
> There you go, Robert is your uncle ;-)
>
> Rowland
OK. We'll have a go but we don't hold out much hope. The default build
seems to have everything hard wired under /usr/local but surprisingly
the dbs still go to one of /var/lib/ctdb, /var/ctdb
or /var/lib/lib/ctdb. All three are written to if they exist.

No one seems to know much about this. There too many words like,
'probably', 'seems' and 'maybe' for our liking. I'm sure something will
click soon. Your fruit harvesting method seems as good a bet as any:)
Open Source documentation at its very best.