connect(/var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket) failed: Connection refused
steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Aug 9 11:55:55 MDT 2014
On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 16:44 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 09/08/14 16:29, steve wrote:
> > On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 16:06 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> >> It depends on the init script you're using. The init script shipped
> >> with ctdb upstream seems to load different files depending on the
> >> distribution. You might have to manually create those files, such
> >> as /etc/sysconfig/ctdb.
> > Mmm. We haven't got an init script. ctdb from source shouldn't depend on
> > the distribution we're using. Should it?
> Hang on, there is something funny going on here, on 27/07/14 you had
> /etc/default/ctdb, this is what you posted:
> Yeah, we have that:
> So you must have the other files somewhere, I am confused now ;-)
The story so far:
1. We have ctdb working on openSUSE 13.1. But we'd like to switch to
2. Ubuntu ctdb has /etc/default/ctdb.
3. Ubuntu ctdb is broken. Something to do with sockets.
4. We were told to try source.
5. make install from a source build creates nothing in /etc/default
6. On Ubuntu, the latter is to be expected.
7. The source install has no init file.
8 through 137 still to come. Please help us fill them in:)
More information about the samba-technical