RC2 for third_party.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Aug 9 10:58:53 MDT 2014

On Fri Aug 8 17:06:47 MDT 2014, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Huh? I raised the issue that this places detection code for
> specific libraries/functions in the build system support tools
> (buildtools/wafsamba/*.py), where previously we always put detection
> code for libraries of code in the wscript near the code that used it.
> This is true even for system libraries and functions
> (lib/replace/wscript).

Jelmer, this is a matter of taste between you and Ira
as you both clearly disagree on the right way to do this.

If you want it done your way the correct thing to do at
this point is to propose an additional patch on top of
the existing cleanup work.

I promise I'll review, and arbitrate between you and
Ira to get a solution that satisfies (or at least irritates :-)
both of you :-).

The existing patch has 2 Team member review, and a
dispute on taste shouldn't be a NAK (IMHO).

Jeremy.