connect(/var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket) failed: Connection refused

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Sat Aug 9 03:31:08 MDT 2014

On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 19:25:53 +1000, Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:26:56 +0200, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
>
> > The strange thing is, ctdb seems to be working in 2 folders. /var/ctdb
> > and /var/lib/lib/ctdb
>
> Yeah, the way we set CTDB_VARDIR (if it is unset) is very weak.  We
> really should do something smarter.
>
> Try setting it in /etc/sysconfig/ctdb to point to wherever you expect it
> to be. I guess that is probably "/var/lib/lib/ctdb".

... or build Debian packages.  Hopefully that will help you to get a
reasonable and consistent default (i.e. "/var/lib/ctdb").  You might
have to copy the contents of the debian/ subdirectory from an existing
Ubuntu package and update debian/changelog.  If it is a new install,
then remove /var/ctdb, /var/lib/ctdb and /var/lib/lib/ctdb.  After you
restart CTDB you should have just /var/lib/ctdb.

peace & happiness,
martin