RC2 for third_party.

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Aug 8 17:06:47 MDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 06:09:59PM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 07:50:20AM +1200, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > >
> > > Please also remember to get metze's explicit ACK on this.
> >
> > That is not needed and it's inappropriate to request it.
> > Please don't try and speak on behalf of another Team
> > member. If Metze has issues I'm sure he can speak for
> > himself.
> >
> > Metze NACKed removal of the libraries, which is not
> > being done (I also NACKed that part of the patchset).
> >
> > The rest of this is much needed cleanup, and I
> > have given my 'Reviewed-by:' on it.
>

> Given that the last commit everyone is screaming about is NOT included.
> I've gone ahead and pushed what is there.
>
> It is non-controversial at this point.  Even metze only NACKed the removal.
>
> Given how long I left the code out for full review, if there were technical
> issues, I expect someone would have said something over time.  None of the
> changes in the most recent rev were that major, as far as the actual
> infrastructure goes.  It was all minor tweaks, and adding CTDB support.
Huh? I raised the issue that this places detection code for
specific libraries/functions in the build system support tools
(buildtools/wafsamba/*.py), where previously we always put detection
code for libraries of code in the wscript near the code that used it.
This is true even for system libraries and functions
(lib/replace/wscript).

Perhaps nobody else cares about this - so be it - but that hardly
makes it undisputed.

Jelmer
--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> - https://jelmer.uk/