smbd panic at find_oplock_types().

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:30:31 MDT 2014

Yeah. Our current code base is not exactly 3.6.12. We have taken few
critical bug fixes in post 3.6.12 releases. That could be the reason for
line numbers not matching. Also as Richard mentioned we have our own VFS
module implementation. But this issue doesn't seem to be related/due to VFS
stuff but I am not completely ruling out. Right now I am exploring all the
options.

Actually I have seen the code difference for find_oplock_types() in 4.X
compared to 3.6.X. Seen the code added to handle stale
PIDs(share_mode_stale_pid). Wanted to know the reason behind introducing
this code. Also in my case, I could see that PIDs for existing shared mode
entries and current request's are not matching. Thinking if these existing
shared mode entries belonged to stale PID. If so, stale pid handling code
in 4.X should be able to handle this case.

Thanks,
Hemanth.