SMB3 Multi-Channel (Re: What I'm working on)

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Aug 5 06:03:26 MDT 2014

Hi Volker,

>>> Reviewing the 85 patches piece by piece a third time now. I
>>> wonder how many times this in the end will have taken.
>>
>> Why? Just look at cmp.diff and the commits which still have
>> the TODO/REVIEW.
>>
>> Thanks for looking at it!
>
> This time it certainly went quicker. Sometimes the diff of a
> diff can be pretty confusing, so I hope I did not miss a
> patch in the attached patchset.

Yes, a diff of a diff is mostly useful to to verify that nothing changed.
Or to have an indication where something changed to reduce the further work.

If you have ideas how to make such a review easier I'd like to hear them:-)

> In the current version of this patchset I don't see any problems anymore,
> but I am not good at reviewing such a large patchset. So before pushing
> you might ask someone else to also take a look.

Jeremy, Michael: Do you want to have a look and push this?

Ok, I've pushed these patches to
https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-multi-channel-ok
for now.

Thanks for your patience!