OFD ("file private") locks and NFS

Jeff Layton jlayton at poochiereds.net
Tue Apr 29 05:50:46 MDT 2014

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:40:08 -0400 (EDT)
"Matt W. Benjamin" <matt at linuxbox.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Something which came up on the last Ganesha conn call is that we have
> a pretty strong need for some ability to wait on a set of locks, and perhaps
> receive events.  Frank Filz believed that you had made a proposal which
> would cover this.  Can you elaborate on that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

No, there's no mechanism to wait on a set of locks from within the
context of a single thread of execution or to receive "events". Again,
that would be a new API beyond what I've been proposing over the last
several months.
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at poochiereds.net>