[Samba] BUILTIN not mapping on DC

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Apr 29 06:03:39 MDT 2014

Hi!

Attached is a patch that fixes --gid-info and hence "getent
group" for builtins on the DC. Note that this will not produce
the same GIDs as on a member.

I need to do more testing with this but wanted to
share it for those who are interested.

(And also remember that you should not use  a range below 1000
for id mapping on a member on modern linux/unix systems, because
you risk clashes with system groups.)

Cheers - Michael

Note: cross-posting to samba-technical since this involves a patch...