Samba4 DC GPO update service

Garming Sam garming at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Apr 9 16:08:53 MDT 2014

On 31/01/14 17:43, Garming Sam wrote:
> Just sending an email to say I'll be looking at some of the work Luke
> Morrison did recently. Hopefully try to clean it up and see what I can
> do with it. So just a heads up for anyone working on any GPO stuff.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Garming Sam

Hey Luke,

Regarding your GPO update patches, I ended up doing a bit of work on it,
actually reapplying the patches to master, fixing some of the issues
with that and just a bunch of formatting changes.

One thing that took a while to realize was that the directory names on
my computer were uppercase when the code didn't expect that. To fix
that, at least in one place, it now starts up a local CIFS connection. I
haven't been able to improve some of this behaviour though and I haven't
been able to work on much for a while, but I just made sure to rebase
the code just today and make sure it compiles properly.

git://git.catalyst.net.nz/samba.git       gpo-update

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gpo-update

One thing I actually changed to the loadparm system recently was the
requirement for a docs-xml page, so I just added a basic page just now
for the parameter you added. There's still various fix-ups in it which
will need to be squashed at some point. Anyways, there's still very much
of an interest in getting this polished.

Cheers.