memory corruption suspected in paged_searches ldb module

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 30 03:36:11 MDT 2013

While we have been working on the OL backend, we seem to have uncovered
an issue with the paged_searches module in LDB.

We have since decided not to use it (pointless against OL, because the
results are limited by the size of the whole search, not the page), but
I wanted to bring the issue to the attention of the list.

It showed up as totally bizarre python errors, that made no sense.   We
originally bypassed the issue with the attached patch (not particularly
helpful, but included for context).  Since then, commit
aea5b5ce338e0d84d93231171c172ec259151a33 dropped the use of
paged_searches.

I'm posting this to the list in the hope that either someone will have
time to look into the module itself (I did try and valgrind it during
provision, but failed to pick up anything), or at least someone might
find this background useful if/when this problem re-appears later.

Thanks,