[URGENT] Samba 4.0.9 smbd slow.

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 13:01:36 MDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Juan Pablo Lorier <jplorier at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, it's a macos 10.6 client the one with the ip 97. So it's not the
> windows 7 workstation the one causing the troubles, but the one
> detecting the results.
> Richard mentioned he knew about this kind of problems on smb1, what
> should be my route of action, try to update the macos? or may I tune
> something somewhere to avoid this behavior?

Well, Mac OS X 10.6 has its own problems, and since it is reading a
40GB file, maybe it is flushing all data out of the cache.

I would first try to remove the Mac OS X system from the mix. Can it
be shut off for a while to see if the problem goes away?

However, Mac OS X 10.9 does use SMB2, but it is not clear if that will
change things.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe