[URGENT] Samba 4.0.9 smbd slow.

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 09:20:00 MDT 2013

Hi,

It took me some time trying to upload the hole capture without success
(250MB gzipped) so I just exported the first 1k packets (I hope is
enough as I don't see much difference with the rest 129K packets
captured in less than 2 minutes).
This is the URL
http://filebin.ca/wMdGZtF5OYc/1Kpackets_samba_with_errors.cap
Just one idea, I don't know if the charset can be a problem, but the
windows clients are in Spanish. Just pointing in case it may matter.
Yesterday, after having to restart smbd again, only linux clients were
able to connect, neither Windows nor Mac clients could connect to the
shares. Only restarting the hole server made it work. I was not at the
office so I can't tell if any of the smbd processes were hung or doing
any strange thing.
Regards,