[URGENT] Samba 4.0.9 smbd slow.

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 08:31:13 MDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 4:45 AM, Juan Pablo Lorier <jplorier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I'll take a look at the resources at the time the problem starts, but I
> can tell you that either CPU or RAM are not being fully used.
> CPU is over 90% idle all the time and ram is less than 4GB out of 12GB
> for the hole system and I don't remember seen a notifying increase in
> any of the smbd instances.
> By slow down is that a user that is already logged to a share, just to
> change folder may take over a minute, yesterday, rendering a file took
> over 8 minutes to start and then it worked as usually. All this
> "latency" disappears when I restart smbd.
> I didn't compile from git as I'm trying to get "stable" releases for
> this matter though I know it's not really stable.
> Regards,

Hmmm, what clients? As in, SMB1 or SMB2?

I have seen cases where SMB1 clients get into a crazy mode where they
are sending thousands of requests for what looks like the same info.
It comes and goes, it seems, and I have never figured out what
provokes this.

We saw it happen with Autocad ...

--
Regards,