[URGENT] Samba 4.0.9 smbd slow.

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 05:45:11 MDT 2013

Hi Richard,

I'll take a look at the resources at the time the problem starts, but I
can tell you that either CPU or RAM are not being fully used.
CPU is over 90% idle all the time and ram is less than 4GB out of 12GB
for the hole system and I don't remember seen a notifying increase in
any of the smbd instances.
By slow down is that a user that is already logged to a share, just to
change folder may take over a minute, yesterday, rendering a file took
over 8 minutes to start and then it worked as usually. All this
"latency" disappears when I restart smbd.
I didn't compile from git as I'm trying to get "stable" releases for
this matter though I know it's not really stable.
Regards,