smb_raw_open_recv error on Windows 2012 R2 Preview

Mihai-Radu, Orza orzamihai at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 07:45:40 CEST 2013

Hello, I am using Samba 4.0.8 on a Red Hat 5.2 x64 machine. I am getting the NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER error string when running smb_raw_open_recv for a Windows 2012 R2 Preview remote host.
I was unable to reproduce the error on other Windows platforms (works fine for Windows 2012 and other older versions).
The remote host has SMBv1, SMBv2 and SMBv3 enabled. If I disable SMBv1 I can't even connect (getting error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET). If I enable just SMBv1 I get the NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER error, regardless of whether SMBv2 and SMBv3 are enabled or disabled. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you,
Mihai-Radu Orza