[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Clement Wong mail at clement.hk
Fri Sep 13 12:30:46 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

Sorry to get into this as a non-team member.
Why not we use some existing solution like github? It's much more ready,
integrated, modern and user friendly in all kinds of way, most of the
modern open source project has picked github, including Linus.
They have
1) issue system, and can label different version on issue.
2) pull request system that can easily reject, queue, merge.
3) release system
4) nice web interface.
5) http://hub.github.com/ for command line only
6) easy to track all forks
7) nice stats
etc.

What I'm trying to say is I don't think samba team should invest so much
time while there are ready/better solutions, and need keep all solutions
updated. I think a dev team should focus on project itself rather than
dev solutions. (not talking about policy, review kind of things can also
be done easily).

BR,
Clement