SMB2 performance is worse than SMB1 while iometer 512byte transfer

Sat Sep 14 08:16:16 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 03:51:25PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> which is the main async loop inside of smbd. Without
> something like this it's really easy to get memory
> leaks happening. The goal is that all temporary
> memory is talloc'ed from the 'frame' stackframe.

One thing we might do is to add something like a
"talloc_reset_pool" to avoid a malloc/free pair. Also, the
next round in talloc optimizations will be the concept of a
"clean" pool (not sure about the name yet): A flag in the
pool header should indicate the existence of any anomalies
like destructors or obects stolen from the pool. If none of
this exists, we can just free() the pool without walking the
talloc hierarchy properly.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de