Samba 4 and file server slowness

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 18:20:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

I know that no much time ago somebody posted something similar, but I
can't find that thread.
I've samba 4.9 on centos 6.4 running as a file server and after a few
days samba starts to take too much time to show directory contents or
create file. In example, it can take more than a minute to start copying
the first of a bunch of files after which starts copying the rest of the
files at regular speed. This is fixed by restarting smbd.
The server has a lot of available resources so that's not the problem.
How can I debugg this in order to find the problem? Can someone point me
where to look?
Regards,

Juan Pablo Lorier