[Release Planning 3.6] Last maintenance release ahead!

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 11:34:17 CEST 2013

On 11/09/13 09:52, steve wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 10:15 +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Samba 3.6.19 is scheduled for September 25. That means, the release
>> branches will be frozen on September 18. As 4.1.0 will be released soon
> Hi
> Will it be possible to 'make install' a 4.1.0 build over the top of a
> 3.6.x install? The directory structure looks different, e.g. smb.conf is
> in different places. Maybe there are ./configure options for this?
> Thanks,
> Steve

Hi Steve, probably, possibly, try './configure --help'. It will list all
the possible options, amongst which is:

       --prefix=PREFIX
             installation prefix (configuration) [default:
'/usr/local/samba']
and:

     --sysconfdir=SYSCONFDIR
             read-only single-machine data [Default: ${PREFIX}/etc]

There are others that I am sure that will have to be set, but you should
be able to work out which (unless some kind person will post their list)

Rowland