Attempting to use tldap to back libcli/ldap

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 10 05:06:50 CEST 2013

Just a heads-up, about a branch I worked on about a year ago, but
abandoned at the time.

I've updated my libcli_ldap_tdlap branch to compile with current
master.

http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/libcli_ldap_tldap

This is an attempt to re-factor the libcli/ldap code to use tldap as the
underlying transport.  This in turn would make ldb use tldap and tevent
for LDAP operations, and move one of the last client libraries to
tsocket.

What re-triggered my interest was some errors I'm seeing when using the
OpenLDAP backend that I'm working with Nadya on, but I think it would be
a useful re-factor regardless, and allow us to have one less client
library.

Now, it's not really much use at it is - fails miserably - and I don't
really expect anybody to pick it up and make it work, but I figured I
would mention it just in case.  Otherwise, it might be interesting to
look over at SDC.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz