Subdomain support in the AD DC!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 9 22:15:48 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-09 at 08:15 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 08:27:05AM +1200, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > > Obvious question: Which winbind? :-)
> >
> > I wrote in detail here:
> >
> > https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2013-May/092221.html
> >
> > And I raised that again when we discussed async gensec issues:
> >
> > http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/HELP-wanted-An-async-gensec-td4650489.html
> >
> > Do you have anything more to add?
>
> My question was more about which winbind you *want* to
> enhance in your new efforts now. As you can expect, I would
> like to see the source3 winbind to be the basis for future
> work, and I would like to offer my assistance there.

I'm sorry, I thought that was clear in the first link, but on re-reading
it isn't.  The source3 winbind is the basis for the winbind I want to
see 'going forward'.

It needs to gain a number of features (and possibly some of the code
implementing those features) from the source4 winbind, mostly around the
calls implemented using IRPC.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz