dosmode.c:get_ea_dos_attributes switches off lp_store_dos_attributes in cases when it shouldn't

Fri Sep 6 12:01:19 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:36:48AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Volker Lendecke
> <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 09:55:11AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > > Correct. We ran into problems however because we have a snapshot
> > > driver that presents snapshots under the same folder as the share. It
> > > returns ENOTSUP if you try to set an XATTR on a file in the snapshot
> > > file system. (Actually, the VFS does because we don't implement that
> > > function.)
> >
> > The variable is around for performance. Obviously this hits
> > you badly. Maybe it's time to remove this check and just
> > always try xattrs if not explicitly disallowed in the
> > configuration?
>
> That's what we did ...

Metze just had an idea: Change the cache to depend on the
device id. This should catch normal submounts where
semantics change.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de