Kerberos printing using smbspool backend

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Tue Sep 3 12:47:55 CEST 2013

Hi all.

I am trying to set up Kerberos printing using the cups smbspool backend.

The user from which the print job is released is logged in via Kerberos
and got a valid ticket.

I have not found a lot of information about how to configure cups in
order to use Kerberos printing, but by default it prompts for a password.

I found some notes that to enable Kerberos ?k should be added to the
device uri but no official information about that.

Other sources state that AuthInfoRequired negotiate needs to be set, but
none of that helped, either.

Could one of you please point out which steps are required in order to
print through smbspool using Kerberos?

Greetings
Marcus