Where is Samba heading these days?

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Sep 3 12:11:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 12:34:48AM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> A lot of development and planning is going on around Samba,
> but that may not be apparent to all of our community.
>
> Therefore, I created a wiki page that is intended to collect
> the bigger development goals we currently have in Samba.
> On some of them someone is already working while others
> are rather in the planning or design phase.
>
> I did not call the wiki page roadmap because it lacks a timeline.
>
> Here is the link:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Next_Goals
>
> I hope other developers will start adding to the page,
> and we will add more items and details and also give
> indication which items are already being worked on.

I like the idea of taking care of something like a roadmap.
There are some related Wiki pages, like
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba/Status and
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/ActiveProjects.
I would like to see these merged and the result linked to the main page.

The most important fact is that it needs to be updated regularly.
So I would like to propose that I will call for updates regularly, maybe
once a month or something like that to keep the status up to date.

Comments?

Cheers,
Karolin

--