Where is Samba heading these days?

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Sep 3 00:34:48 CEST 2013

Dear Community,
Dear Samba Developers,

A lot of development and planning is going on around Samba,
but that may not be apparent to all of our community.

Therefore, I created a wiki page that is intended to collect
the bigger development goals we currently have in Samba.
On some of them someone is already working while others
are rather in the planning or design phase.

I did not call the wiki page roadmap because it lacks a timeline.

Here is the link:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Next_Goals

I hope other developers will start adding to the page,
and we will add more items and details and also give
indication which items are already being worked on.

Cheers - Michael