Samba4 demote no longer available DC

Christian Vielhauer c.vielhauer at me.com
Tue Oct 29 16:26:15 MDT 2013

Hi

hopefully this is the right list to ask my question :-)

I have a samba4 domain with one win2k3 as member not as additional DC.

One Samba4DC is not longer available on my network because hardware crash.

Now i have problems to remove this DC from Domain.

I found a solution for a Windows Domain using ntdsutil -> metadata cleanup: remove selected server $NameOfDC
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(v=ws.10).aspx

But as i told, my only one Windows Server is not acting as DC …

Is there a way to remove my broken DC from Domain using samba4 tools, or just to deactivate it?

I don’t need to use this name again - if that helps.

Regards,
Chris