recvfile support

Tue Oct 29 03:17:38 MDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:35:24PM -0700, SDN learn wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I'm using kernel 3.10.x, and it appears that this portion of kernel
> has changed quite a lot between 2.6.37 (where this patch was applied)
> to 3.10.x...
>
> A very basic question: Would it be OK to selectively apply these
> changes to kernel 3.10.x OR it would just not work with 3.10.x?

This is something that probably the kernel community can
answer a lot better. If I read the thread correctly, then
this patchset has seen some comments, not all positive. So
probably some more work would be necessary to make this
really fly well. It would be great if you could make your
needs more visible in the kernel community, maybe at some
point there is enough momentum that someone jumps on it.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de