Fwd: When is network browsing supported again?

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 09:30:42 MDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stef Bon <stefbon at gmail.com>
Date: 2013/10/22
Subject: Re: When is network browsing supported again?
To: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>

2013/10/22 Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>

> > This not right?
>
> You are confusing a statement about the server (our AD DC) with the
> behaviour of the client, and then being confused by a missing feature in
> the client library (we have more than one) that isn't used by
> libsmbclient.
>
> If you are running a Samba 4.x AD domain, NetBIOS browsing isn't
> supported on the network because of features missing in our rewritten
> server software.

Aha. Forget smbclient4. That is an easy one.

So the 4.x server AD domain does not support NetBIOS browsing. Is this
feature to be added in (near) future again?

Futher I'm working on a fuse fs. Earlier said Volkert that I should look to
the code in source3/client/client.c.

I want to, but I do not see how to create a pool of connections simular to
the way is done in libsmbclient.c/h.

There, every call will check/create the SMBCSRV struct, with a connection
to the server.

When using calls simular to calls found in source3/client/client.c (I want
to use these in my new fuse fs, enabling the async interface) the struct
cli_state is used.

I know this is the connection to the server. Is this connection established
automatically? For example in the cmd_stat, the most important calls are:

cli_resolve_path

and

cli_posix_stat

Do these calls create a connection if it is not there yet or do I have to
program this?

Stef