Source for winucase.c

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Fri Oct 18 13:56:42 MDT 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:47:42 -0700
"Bradley M. Kuhn" <bkuhn at sfconservancy.org> wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Thanks very much for bringing Conservancy into this thread.
>
> Jeff Layton wrote at 03:43 (PDT):
> > Bradley, any thoughts as to Ben's questions?
>
> On behalf of the Samba project (which is a member project of
> Conservancy), I want to study this question with the benefit Samba's and
> Conservancy's legal counsel (who is Conservancy's General Counsel, Tony
> Sebro (cc'ed)).  We're going to look into this issue and we'll report
> back conclusions to the list here.
>
> It may take us a bit of time.  Even seemingly simple questions like this
> often end up requiring more research and careful investigation than it
> seems it should. :) In particular, questions that have interrelated
> copyright and contractual agreements involved can often be like that.
>
> Feel free to ping me if you want a status update on our progress at any
> point.

Mea culpa -- I should probably have done that when I first proposed
this patch. Thanks for taking a look. I do want to make sure we have
everything on the up and up.

In any case, here's a quick summary:

The main patch in question is commit c2ccf53dd0ddf0b48 in the Linux
kernel. which added a number of tables that I autogenerated using a
script to postprocess the tables that MS published here.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh877830.aspx

The questions are in Ben's original email, so let us know what you
think.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>