Can I change hostname ?

hyoscar wu hyoscarwu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 02:10:53 MDT 2013

Thanks for your help.

After using renamedc , I run samba_spnupdate and modify internal DNS by
samba-tool.
Then I "run samba-tool fsmo show" , roles are all still old entry name.
so I run "samba-tool fsmo seize --role=all" but samba-tool show :

Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'rid' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'rid' role was successful
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'pdc' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'pdc' role was successful
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'naming' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'naming' role was successful
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'infrastructure' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'infrastructure' role was
successful
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'schema' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'schema' role was successful

I can not seize roles and my win7 client can not join domain.

hyoscar