How can I login file server by using linux local user account when role=active directory domain controller ??

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Oct 17 04:53:18 MDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-17 at 16:28 +0800, hyoscar wu wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Before enabling samba4 ADDC, I can access share folder by linux user
> account .
> After enabling samba4 ADDC, only domain user account can login file server
> and access share folder.
>
> Is there any way to login file server  by using linux local user account
> when role=active directory domain controller ?
>
> Hyoscar

If you are using Samba4 as both a DC and a file server then you have no
choice but to have a ticket; the user would need a TGT to get a ticket
for the file server. Maybe there is a way to get a TGT without being a
domain user but I think it would be easier if you just converted your
local users into domain users if they need file server access.
HTH
Steve