CTDB in master?

Simo simo at samba.org
Tue Oct 15 08:15:58 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 14:15 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> On 2013-10-07 at 07:56 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > Am 06.10.2013 23:16, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> >
> > > https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=obnox/samba/samba-obnox.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-ctdb
> > >
> > > It seems almost finished: What can I do to help?  Is there any
> >
> > I just need to know when I should do the import of the current ctdb master
> > into samba master and make ctdb master read only.
>
> I was wondering wether the merge commit could be avoided and
> a fast forward could be used instead: I doubt we will be able
> to e.g. do proper bisects across that merge.
>
> What is more, the merge does not reference any officially
> available code tree any more, due to the extra directory
> level.  Or am I missing something here?

As much as I normally hate merges, I think this is one of those rare
cases where a merge is the only thing that makes sense, even after a bit
of history rewrite due to moving to a subdir.

It wouldn't make sense to rebase everything on top as older commits
would have no working tests anyway so it is better to do bisects only
down to one or the other branch anyway.

Simo.