Connect to server for fuse fs.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 06:04:24 MDT 2013

Hi,

when writing a fuse fs (see my earlier posts) I have used the calls used in
libsmbclient.h.

When doing so, every call will check/create the SMBCSRV struct, with a
connection to the server.

When using calls simular to calls found in source3/client/client.c (I want
to use these in my new fuse fs, enabling the async interface) the struct
cli_state is used.

I know this is the connection to the server. Is this connection established
automatically?

For example in the cmd_stat, the most important calls are:

cli_resolve_path

and

cli_posix_stat

Do these calls create a connection if it is not there yet or do I have to
program this?

Stef