InstanceType work

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 10 21:11:37 MDT 2013

G'Day,

It seems we both have work items around instanceType support, and I
figured it would be worth noting down what needs to be done:

 - We need tests to show that you can't just set any value on
anything...
 - We need tests for the creation of new naming contexts
 - We need the changes I've made to acl.c (attached) and we need tests
 - We need to move the instancetype module up the stack.  It needs to
have code like the new_partition module, but up the stack at a point
above acl, that does all the new-partition things.

See MS-ATDS 3.1.1.5.2.8 NC-Add Operation for the full details of what is
required.

I need this because the subdomain join code needs this, and you had LDAP
tests failing on this as well.  Between us I think we can probably get
this in order.  (I'm trying to get enough of the subdomain support
working that we can run a simple test in our selftest code to stop it
breaking again, even if we don't fully support it yet).

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz