Samba 4 x Squid 3 - NTLM Auth

Aecio Alves aeciomeneses at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 06:59:27 MDT 2013

Em 10/8/13 11:57 PM, Andrew Bartlett escreveu:
> On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 14:56 -0300, Aecio Alves wrote:
>> Good afternoon.
>>
>> I'm trying to make the integrated authentication between Samba and Squid
>> 3.2.0.1 4. My scenario is as follows:
>>
>> - A server running Samba 4 as a Domain Controller and Squid to filter
>> the users' navigation.
>>
>> The domain is properly configured and squid too. No authentication squid
>> works perfectly, but when I enable authentication it stops working.
>>
>> Sometimes it starts loading the page, but not complete and stops working.
> Does wbinfo -P and wbinfo -a on the squid server work?
The server Squid is the same Samba4. Got a problem?
The command did not work, see below outputs received:

wbinfo -P
checking the NETLOGON dc connection failed
failed to call wbcPingDc: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
Could not ping our DC

wbinfo -a administrator%xxxxxxxxxx
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user administrator%Syst3ms1 with plaintext password
could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind separator!
challenge/response password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user administrator with challenge/response

> What information is in the logs, what other details do you have?
What logs do you need? winbindd.log, nmbd.log or smbd.log?

Yes you can go ...

Sorry, I am beginner in this scenario. I am suffering enough to make
this operational configuration.

> I can't really suggest anything sensible without much more detail.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Is there another way to perform this authentication "invisible" to the
browser?

Thank you.