Patch submission version 4

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 04:35:09 MDT 2013

On 09/10/13 11:20, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In attached file, patch in GIT format with some typo correction
>
> could you review and push in your master (samba4.1) if ok.
>

> thx
>
>           Stéphane Purnelle
>

> -----------------------------------
> Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467
>
> Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote on 09/10/2013 04:44:25:
>
>> De : Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
>> A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>,
>> Cc : samba-technical at samba.org
>> Date : 09/10/2013 04:51
>> Objet : Re: Patch submission version 4
>>
>> On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 13:32 +0200, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
>>> Independent of usage of posixAccount objectclass and RFC2307,
> uidNumber,
>>> gidNumber, ...
>>>
>>> This patchset permit to set uidNumber and gidNumber using samba-tool
> and
>>> verify if uidNumber or gidNumber is already exist or not.
>> Thank you for looking into this.
>>
>> One issue is that we cannot know if a uid or gid is in use, if the
>> directory is not in a good replication state right now.   So, while a
>> very valuable too, it isn't able to be a perfect failsafe.
>>
>> On the patch itself, you have a number of style and indenting issues.
>> In particular, make sure you always have a space after a , and that you
>> lay the functions out in the same way as other examples in the code.
>>
>> It would also really help if you could also commit the changes into a
>> git repository (with git commit -s), and run git-format-patch -1 to
>> produce the patch.  That way, we have your signed off patch with commit
>> message all sorted, ready to get into master.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrew Bartlett
>> --
>> Andrew Bartlett
>> http://samba.org/~abartlet/
>> Authentication Developer, Samba Team           http://samba.org
>> Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz

HI, I will say this once again, anything Samba does to the AD database
should match what Windows does.

Windows does NOT add either the 'posixAccount' or 'posixGroup'
attributes so Stephanes patch should not add this line:

+            ldbmessage2["objectClass"] =
ldb.MessageElement('posixGroup', ldb.FLAG_MOD_ADD, 'objectClass')

it should be removing this line:

              ldbmessage2["objectClass"] =
ldb.MessageElement('posixAccount', ldb.FLAG_MOD_ADD, 'objectClass')

Rowland