samba4 & WindowsDesktopSSO

miquel miquel at scytl.com
Wed Oct 9 02:22:26 MDT 2013

thanks Andrew.  So, SPN samba4 behavior is different than the Windows AD ?

Only for curiosity:
Samba4 log without "/isInitiator=false" in openam conf:/

Kerberos: AS-REQ testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL from ipv4:10.0.96.14:35889
for krbtgt/TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: Looking for PKINIT pa-data -- testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: Looking for ENC-TS pa-data -- testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: No preauth found, returning PREAUTH-REQUIRED --
testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: AS-REQ testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL from ipv4:10.0.96.14:35904
for krbtgt/TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: Looking for PKINIT pa-data -- testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: Looking for ENC-TS pa-data -- testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: ENC-TS Pre-authentication succeeded --
testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL using aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96
   Kerberos: TGS-REQ testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL from
ipv4:10.0.96.14:35915 for
HTTP/server-hp.testdomain.local at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL [canonicalize, renewable]
   Kerberos: TGS-REQ testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL from
ipv4:10.0.96.14:35916 for krbtgt/TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
[renewable, forwarded]
   Kerberos: TGS-REQ testuser at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL from
ipv4:10.0.96.14:35917 for krbtgt/TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
[renewable, forwarded]
   Kerberos: AS-REQ HTTP/server-hp.testdomain.local at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
from ipv4:10.0.96.14:35918 for krbtgt/TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL
   Kerberos: UNKNOWN --
HTTP/server-hp.testdomain.local at TESTDOMAIN.LOCAL: no such entry found in hdb

I found a note in java kerberos sample:
/Note: isInitiator=false is specified here so that the application acts
as a pure server side program that will never try to authenticate itself
to the KDC. This is useful when it cannot communicate directly with the
KDC. //
//
//

/