Patch submission version 4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 8 20:44:25 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 13:32 +0200, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Independent of usage of posixAccount objectclass and RFC2307, uidNumber,
> gidNumber, ...
>
> This patchset permit to set uidNumber and gidNumber using samba-tool and
> verify if uidNumber or gidNumber is already exist or not.

Thank you for looking into this.

One issue is that we cannot know if a uid or gid is in use, if the
directory is not in a good replication state right now.   So, while a
very valuable too, it isn't able to be a perfect failsafe.

On the patch itself, you have a number of style and indenting issues.
In particular, make sure you always have a space after a , and that you
lay the functions out in the same way as other examples in the code.

It would also really help if you could also commit the changes into a
git repository (with git commit -s), and run git-format-patch -1 to
produce the patch.  That way, we have your signed off patch with commit
message all sorted, ready to get into master.

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz