CTDB in master?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 6 15:16:15 MDT 2013

G'Day,

While we were at the Microsoft IO Lab we discussed what actually needed
to be done to get CTDB in the master tree.

Why am I suddenly interested?  Well I really like the idea of automated
testing, and I would like to learn CTDB a little.  I've offered to help
because I've got a good grasp of autobuild, and have experience adding
new dependent environments to our selftest system.  The goal as I
understand it is to have a new environment, dependent on 3 or 4 CTDB
nodes, that presents a SERVER_URLLIST (or so) in the format that
smbtorture wants for the list of multiple servers.

I understand metze has a branch with the ctdb history imported, and
obnox already has much of the autobuild work done.  We could import the
build with autoconf for now if that helps things move faster, but
naturally we would want to move to waf to keep just one system.

With Samba 4.1 releasing soon, and our desire to have this done for
Samba 4.2, we really should take the opportunity of having many of the
parts in place, and I'm happy to help out for my part.

Metze/Obnox:

Is this the current tree that we would import?
https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=obnox/samba/samba-obnox.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-ctdb

It seems almost finished: What can I do to help?  Is there any
particular part of our selftest system that is blocking you here?

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz