Wireshark PIDL generated dissectors

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Oct 4 07:25:01 MDT 2013

On Thursday 03 October 2013 20:04:13 ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> >What do you propose?
>
> There is very little overlap between samba needs and wireshark needs for
> PIDL. It is probably better to continue running two separate forks of PIDL,
> one for samba and one for wireshark.
>
> Switching to samba PIDL seems to be a lot of work for miniscule gain.
> And who will do the work?

When have the wireshark IDL been updated last time? I mean the last time I
checked I had to add netlogon flags manually cause there was no pidl
generation and the up2date IDL file from samba weren't used at all.

Having a fork problably means you have 2 places with IDL files and a IDL code
generator you have to touch just to get the latest information about the
protocols.

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org