samba-tool

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 03:37:58 MDT 2013

On 04/10/13 10:28, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > I know how to script round this using samba-tool, but I feel that
> > when creating a unix user, samba-tool should work in just the same
> > way as ADUC.
>
> samba-tool not create a unix user, it create a samba (windows) user
> and add unix information if admin want-it.
I understand this, what I am saying is that when it does, it should do
it the same way as windows does.

> And I don't want to have uidNumber and gidNumber automatically, I want
> to manage uidNumber my-self (by script).
OK, but where do you store the numbers so that you do not try and use
the same number twice?

> Why activate msSFU30xxxx or nis ?
To be compatable with windows
> I don't need this, just need to have getent passwd and getent group work.
> Just want to have my posix ACL on my XFS File-system work in same way
> that samba3 does
AH, but you are not using samba3 anymore, you are now using samba4

> I don't want to have to configure ADUC, just use this in basic
> configuration.

I never said that you have to configure ADUC, I just said that
samba-tool should work like ADUC. I noticed (when I removed everything
below your post) that you have upgraded from samba3, I 'think' that you
just might already have 'msSFU30MaxUidNumber' and this number can be
changed to what ever you like!

Rowland