Folder can be renamed with an open file inside the same folder from different client

Wed Oct 2 08:53:47 MDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 06:42:08PM +0530, Partha Sarathi wrote:
> For the delete operations  in the above scenario we do get the access
> denied, in that case we are storing the opened file information and if the
> other client tries to delete the file then we say' its been used by other
> user' and we deny to delete. So may be we can use of the same mechanism for
> rename operations too.

Do you really get access denied? Isn't it more that the
directory you try to delete is not empty and some other
error message kicks in? The client trying to recursively
delete goes through the subdirs and gets a sharing
violation? I'd like to see a network trace and debug level
10 log of the smbds of that.

Thanks,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de