Patch submission version 3

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Wed Oct 2 03:45:40 MDT 2013

In pure AD-DC mode, you are right.

But for file-server and posix ACL (unix layer), samba must permit to use
posixAccount and posixGroup objectclass.

        Stéphane

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467

Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote on 02/10/2013 11:37:14:

> De : Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com>
> A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>, samba-
> technical at samba.org,
> Date : 02/10/2013 11:37
> Objet : Re: Patch submission version 3
>
> On 02/10/13 10:27, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> In attached file, group.py.diff.  typo error in help message for --
> gid-number (comment from Rowland Penny)
>

> About user.py.diff
>
> AD don't use posixAccount objectClass but samba add this class if
> admin set a unix parameter (uidNumber, gid Number, gecos, login-shell)
> See sambd.py.diff, lines after this lines @@ -402,7 +414,7 @@
>
> Stéphane
>
> -----------------------------------
> Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32
(0)87/342467

> Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote on 02/10/2013 11:00:14:
>
> > De : Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com>
> > A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>, samba-
> > technical at samba.org,
> > Date : 02/10/2013 11:00
> > Objet : Re: Patch submission version 3
> >
> > On 02/10/13 09:31, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > New patch submission.
> > >

> > > change log:
> > >
> > > v3
> > > - indentation issue with line: self.modify(ldbmessage2)  in samdb.py
> > > (comment of Ricky Nance)
> > > - add test for detect existing uidNumber in samdb (user.py)
> > > - add test for detect existing gidNumber in samdb (group.py)
> > >
> > > v2
> > > - add possibility to set gid number when create new group.
> > > - change parameter name for unix home directory (comment of Rowland
Penny)