NTLM - Samba4 x Squid 3

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 15:27:57 MDT 2013

On 01/10/13 21:13, Aecio Alves wrote:
> Em 10/1/13 5:04 PM, Rowland Penny escreveu:
>> On 01/10/13 20:12, Aecio Alves wrote:
>>> Good afternoon!
>>>
>>> Is there an alternative integrated authentication squid with Samba4,
>>> and NTLM?
>>>
>>> I need to do that authentication is integrated with Windows
>>> authentication, when the user makes a log on the domain.
>>>
>>> Squid supports this kind of integration with Samba4?
>>>
>>> I've done it with version 3 of the Samba.
>>>
>>> What information do you need to help me?
>>> Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Aécio
>> Hi, try doing a websearch on squid and active directory
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I've been a long time looking for ways to do this, but I'm finding it
> very difficult.
>
> I have done several attempts and I can not navigate through Squid
> logging into Samba4.
>
> I'm trying with the NTLM method, but not authentication.
>
> The directory / usr / local / samba / var / lib / winbindd_privileged
> / already has the appropriate permissions.
>
> Using simple authentication Squid works perfectly and I have no
> problems with the provisioning domain. Could you give me a clue to
> start identifying the problem?

Hi, I already did, your problem is that you are forgetting that Samba4
is an active directory server and hence you need to search for squid and
active directory, such a search will turn up things like this:
http://www.howtoforge.com/debian-squeeze-squid-kerberos-ldap-authentication-active-directory-integration-and-cyfin-reporter

Rowland