Patch submission (new version)

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Tue Oct 1 10:06:50 MDT 2013

Hi,

New patch submission.

change log:
- add possibility to set gid number when create new group.
- change parameter name for unix home directory (comment of Rowland Penny)

I'm not a python developper, so correct me if you see something wrong

group.py.diff -> python/samba/netcmd/group.py
user.py.diff -> python/samba/netcmd/user.py
samdb.diff -> python/samba/samdb.py

source :samba-4.1.0 rc4

About setup gidnumber in group add.

samba permit to set a uidNumber for create a new user, why I cannot do
that with group ?
Anwser: my patch

With the possibility to set uidNumber for user and gidnumber for group, I
can manage unix user if and unix group id outside the samba idmap system.

But I detected a BUG (in my point of view) in samba user code: samba not
detect duplicate uidNumber.

if anyone could review code and apply to GIT if OK

thx

   Stéphane

Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467