Patch submission

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 08:43:03 MDT 2013

On 01/10/13 15:02, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Hi samba team.
>
> In attached file, some modification for permit to add unixhomedirectory
> when add a user samba-tool user create
>

> samdb.diff = python/samba/samdb.py
> user.diff = python/samba/netcmd/user.py
>
> Could you review and apply to your GIT if is OK for you.
> source: samba-4.1.0 rc4
>
> Next step.. but I need more information, is to permit to set a gidnumber
> when using
> samba-tool group add command.
>
> thx
>
>          Stéphane
>
> -----------------------------------
> Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467
Hi, is it this easy to add code, only reason I ask is that I wrote some
very similar code back in june and didn't know what to do with it, in
fact the only difference I can see between Stephane's code and mine is:

   HIS:       Option("--unixhomedir", help="Unix home diretcory of
User", type=str),

   Mine:     Option("--unix-home-directory", help="User's Unix home
directory path", type=str),

The problem that I see with adding the gidNumber, is what base to use,
it needs to be something that everybody can agree on.

Rowland